Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kate's Flower Girl Dress


One of my projects for the last few weeks has been making this flower girl dress for Kate. (Laurel's daughter.) It turned into quite a project. I started by making a "sample" dress with the pattern and we were glad because the size we selected swamped her. Next, I found that the material frayed terribly so I had to stitch around each piece. I decided that the net would be too itchy next to her legs and thought I would buy her a slip and stitch the net to it but they aren't available in children's sizes so I basically made a third dress of white fabric and stitched on the net. When I snapped the stem off the flower it broke into pieces so I got to recreate that. Was it worth it? Absolutely! Look at that little princess. The bride-to-be chose the lavender, brown and ivory mix and I think it is very rich. Won't Kate be a great addition to that wedding?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Thanks again Mom! It really is beautiful and Kate asks if she can wear it about every 10 min.

Shelly's Boys said...

Nice job Mom! Looks like all your hard work was worth it!