Friday, August 7, 2009

We Have Started Our Adventure


The people that you see walking on this section of the BYU Campus are other China Teachers heading for the Kennedy Center to begin our first day of training.


The concerned look on Mike's face really should be on mine. After a week of one hour per day I can't remember one word of the Chinese that we have studied. I certainly hope that I am able to take the little picture book with Chinese and English titles with me where ever we go or that something magical happens to my learning curve because I'm hopeless without.

We have had very long, very full and very interesting days studying about Chinese history, Chinese politics, Chinese religions, the Church in China, how to teach writing, how to teach listening, how to teach speaking, etc. All have been taught by wonderful professionals and have been sooooo full of information. Yesterday my brain actually felt jammed by 5:00 and I didn't feel like it could hold another thing. After dinner, however, we had an evening at the computer lab learning to do power points and I quite enjoyed it. Onward and upward!!! Love to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week! I guess the blessings that come with learning a language are limited to the MTC??

You and your hair look cute!

Anonymous said...

The twins were just looking at the picture of you and pointing saying "gra-ma, gra-pa" then I scrolled up to the header and said "whos that?" the answer was "cowboy, gra-ma"!

Markie said...

Gong-xi, gong-xi!! Zhu nimen hao yun!

Adam Amy Wes said...

How exciting!!!