Thursday, June 3, 2010

Picnic with Students

I invited my 107 students to go on a picnic with me on Thursday. I made 200 cookies because they were invited to invite friends and I didn't know how many to make. That doesn't seem like such a big deal except I made them with chocolate kisses that each needed to be unwrapped and then cooked them in a toaster oven and could do either 9 or 12 at a time.
Mike had found a beautiful park only a few blocks from here and none of my students (who are all from Qingdao) had ever seen it before. Some walked and some rode a bus and about 60 (I would guess) came and just relaxed and had fun. I gave them each a sticker and if they were
caught speaking Chinese the person could take their sticker. I had prizes for the people with the most stickers at the end of the time.













No comments: