Thursday, June 9, 2011



We were driving past the Ephraim Cemetery the other day and saw huge dump truck being loaded with the flowers from Memorial Day. We drove in and asked if we could have some that were still good. They told us to help ourselves. I wasn't planning to fill the rock garden with mums but why not when they were free. I have purchased a few other plants to fill in and will continue to do so as well as try to start some things from seed but at least it's a start.

Yes, I know that it is rather strange to see a wood stove sitting on rocks in the middle of the garden. When we get back from Adam's we will be turning it into a fountain. We are putting a big awning on the four windows in the kitchen and hope to put a bench under the windows and awning and be able to someday sit outside and enjoy the fountain and flowers. (Many hours of weeding and planting before the end result!)

No comments: