We have so many projects scheduled for this summer that I'll be surprised if they'll be finished when the snow begin to fall next year. We've decided to fence our garden area all around to the patio on the side of the house. We may not need it as drastically as we thought because the dogs from next door who have seen it as their own have been fenced in by their owner this last two weeks. We still want the fencing, however, to keep deer off the fruit trees in the winter, protect grapes and berries from the wind and keep things a bit more private and a bit more protected, if necessary.
In order to put the fence where Mike wants it he has to cut down several old trees (ones that he doesn't want shading the garden anyway) and stumps. Luckily our neighbor, Chris Parry has offered to help cut the trees and install the fence. He has property in the mountains east of here and wants Mike to cut some of his trees into lumber for a pavilion so it will be a good exchange for both of them.
Laurel and Russell and family decided to come to Mt Pleasant for Easter and we were lucky enough to have them stay here and especially to spend Easter Sunday with us. I'm sorry that I didn't get my camera out once during that time. On Sunday we were able to have the Benson's join us, too. I just love to watch the cousins play together.
I'm usually up within a few minutes of Mike but on Saturday morning I slept until about 7:45. When I got up Mike had already gone to Terrell's to get a Church News and he also brought me this beautiful lily for Easter.
On Monday we went to SLC and I spent 1 1/2 hours in the dental chair at my cousin Doug's office. He pulled the tooth that I had spent about $800 trying to save last fall. It had never gotten any better and when he pulled it he found that it had a crack in the root and never would have stopped being infected. He is building a bridge for me and he is giving me 1/3 off so it will ONLY be a little over $1600. He had to move two crowns from the two attaching teach and they had been glued on very well. He had to break them into little pieces.
On Tuesday morning we said bye to the Woolstenhulmes and picked up our friends the Lees to go to St George for an appointment with Allie Blazzard. We spent about $560 there with the appointments and prescriptions. Needless to say, we are medically poor this week.
After the appointments we rested at the Fairfield Inn where we were staying and then we went to dinner and on to a session at the St George Temple. I was surprised and pleased to find that my friend, Marion Whitney, from Cedar was the follower in the session.
The next morning as Mike and I went in for breakfast I heard my name and there was Randy Britsch and his family who were down for a few days of spring break. We visited with them while we ate and then I went out to the pool and exercised for about 50 minutes until the Lee's were ready to go.
We went down to Las Vegas to see a very interesting collection from the Titanic. There were pictures of passengers and their stories, lots of artifacts that have been retrieved but most interesting to me was a huge piece of the ship that it took years to bring up. The ship is two miles below the surface so it was really a difficult task.
Next we headed up to Mesquite where we were spending the night. We visited a candy store which Wayne's brother and family own (yes, I broke my diet and ate an unbelievable macadamia nut/caramel/milk chocolate) which they just gave to me. We checked into our motel and then went over to the Eureka to have dinner with Wayne's brother. As we were eating I saw a woman walk past our table and then took a double-take and realized that it was one of the sisters that we served with in Heber.
This morning we checked out of our motel, drove to St George and had breakfast and then went to Hurricane to get another $422 worth of prescriptions. We headed up the beautiful drive to Zion, went through the tunnel and out to highway 89 and came home that way. We came from the sun in the south to patches of snow as we drove north. Just as we started unpacking our car a real snowstorm started here and turned our world white.
It was a great trip and once again made me love our beautiful world. (I did take my camera with me but I couldn't use it easily because I forgot it in my suitcase in the trunk.)
No comments:
Post a Comment