Taking the mule was the smartest idea ever. We sat, pulled up in a chapel parking lot, behind rows of chairs that were slanting toward the street in front of us. We were above them so could stay seated in the shade. It was a little overcast and probably the most pleasant mid-day we have had it weeks.
We have a little bit of country pride displayed at our house. Next year we plan to put a matching flag on the other side of the porch. (Our poor lawn is really taking a hit with the high temperatures and the days with the water turned off. )
The fence is looking great. Mike has three gates to build and a few smaller boards to cut and attach at corners and then he plans to put a trim board at the top to keep the boards from warping and at the bottom where they are uneven because of the variation in the ground. Some gaps are so big that quite large animals could crawl under as it is.
The garden continues to do well. I think we have about 50 tomato plants growing, Mike just finished the second planting of corn, we have rows of potatoes, beets, peppers, strawberries, beans, peas, squash, eggplant, black raspberries, red raspberries, grapes, blueberries and a few other things. Mike is building an arbor for the grapes and has "planted" poles to wire for the black raspberries to train up. It is really looking good. All of the 9 fruit trees are boxed within the fence and it really makes it like our own little farm.
All of the planting that I have done in the back is in question. I try to water it but it has been so hot that I'm not sure how many of the probably 500+ plants that I have planted will grow. The weeds don't seem to mind the heat OR lack of water though.
No comments:
Post a Comment