Monday, September 3, 2012

Noah Collection Expands to the Hall

With the addition of a few larger arks (and 3 new items) it became necessary to put some new, longer and wider shelves in the hall.



This first one is from Australia.  We saw all of these different animals while we were there.


I looked all over in New Zealand and couldn't find a Noah but I went into a World Bazaar type store there and found this fabric one from India.  I love the red dot on Mrs. Noah's forhead.


A few weeks ago we had a fireside where a Church member from Kenya told his story.  He is a wood carver by profession and does lovely nativities (which I also bought) and Noah's arks.  He has used three different types of wood and then painted some of the animals.  We think that it is a lovely addition to our collection.

Probably my favorite thing about my collection is the variation in the animals, according to the area where the ark is made and the different cultures of Mr. & Mrs. Noah.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

The new one is beautiful!