We got to have some time with Steph and Art's boys while they helped with the Trek for their Stake. We truly enjoyed them. Following are some random shots of some of the things that they did.
I don't know why it is missing from my camera but one of the most unique things happened the first morning when I when upstairs to tell them that their ipod time was up. They were not in the big room and I couldn't see them when I looked into the purple bedroom where they were staying. As I opened the door wider I found all three of them snuggled in the baby crib with their headsets on, busy playing games. I'm glad the crib held them but I have to say it was a bit of a surprise to find them there and suggested that it possibly wasn't built for that weight. ^0^
They read both mornings. The first morning the sat outside on the patio in the swings but the second day they were at the dining room table.
On Monday morning we drove over to Fairview and went to the museum and took this picture of the mammoth and then drove up the canyon to where it was found on 8-8-88.
When we left that spot we drove a while and looked for a picnic spot. We finally just parked in the shade and sat on logs or stood to eat our lunch. On the way back down the canyon Grandpa pulled over and told the boys to go and play in some of the snow that was still on the hillside.
When we got back home the boys helped Grandpa to put up our big flag for July 4th.
We go to dinner with Mike's home teaching families on 4th Monday of every month so we took the boys with us and went to Wheeler's for dinner.
That night the boys did crayon rubbings and then crayon melts.
After they had done their jobs on the check sheet (and had watched more movies)the next morning I asked them if they would like to visit our new Splash Pad. They really seemed to enjoy themselves.
We came back, finished cleaning up, packed the car and headed north. We made it about 6 miles before I realized that the AC was blowing hot air and the engine was registering HOT. We checked with a garage there in Fairview and he said that maybe I could make the drive if I didn't use the air but it was hot before I had gone a mile. We came back home and I called Grandma Linda to tell her that I couldn't meet her. I dropped the boys at the Shave'n'Creme to get shaved ice and let them walk home. They weren't here long before she showed up and saved the day.
We picked up the car today. It was $710 and was the radiator and the AC fan. It could have been worse or could have happened under worse conditions.
It was really fun for us to get to know the boys a little. A hug hello and goodbye has about been our conversations in the past.








No comments:
Post a Comment