Monday, May 7, 2018

From President Norman

We are home but President Norman posted this on his blog and it made me cry.  I have such a testimony that the Lord is aware of all of his children. 
"Tuesday we got up and were at the temple at 4:00am for the Antigua stake that brought about 250 people to the temple.  It is a holiday here and the temple was very busy until noon.  It was closed in the afternoon.  President Flohr came to the temple about 9:00 am and took over so we could go to the Don Justo stake center where they were doing the second day of a three day dentist brigade.  Every three or four years, about 100 dentist and assistants, doctors and support staff come to Guatemala to help the youth prepare for their missions.  It is a well oiled machine and they treat hundreds of people each day.  I got home from Belize with a tooth ache and I went up there to talk to Elder Hogge who works in the dental clinic that the church has here in Guatemala and was there helping out. I explained that I had had a tooth ache all weekend and I had been in a lot of pain.  They decided that they would do a root canal and put me at the head of the line.  After 3 hours I was all fixed up.  This brigade was amazing. They had 4 endodontists, 5 oral surgeons, 22 regular dentists, hygienists and 4 medical doctors working and all of these people pay their own way and bring all of their supplies.  They had people cutting hair, giving eye exams, doing physicals and taking their pictures.  They even had someone making flippers—a temporary tooth after an extraction.  Every room of the stake center was being used: a room with 8 autoclaves, a surgery room, a recovery room, a room with backup generators.  It was like a mini hospital.  Every year they go to a different country in Central America. We feel so blessed that we got this problem resolved so quickly.  It was no coincidence that they were here when I needed a root canal. "

No comments: