Today I went in for surgery on my little finger again. It was a very different experience from the one in China. I arrived at 1:30 PM and left at 4:00 PM. I was put to sleep during the procedure which was very different than feeling one person push with all of his might on my knuckles (I suppose to prevent blood flow) while the other continually drilled holes in the existing pieces of bone.

I took a picture of my right hand to show that the upper third of the finger (where the break and surgery took place) is approximately one inch.

Next, I laid out the four screws and the plate that were inside of the one inch.
I took a picture of my right hand to show that the upper third of the finger (where the break and surgery took place) is approximately one inch.
Next, I laid out the four screws and the plate that were inside of the one inch.
Tonight I am home ready to sleep in my own bed after stopping in Payson for a bit-above-average but nothing like China Chinese meal. I have a bandage on my hand that will probably be taken off on Friday. I'm missing the authentic food but not the hospital bed, IV and other parts of the adventure!
3 comments:
Holy cow that's a lot of hardware in one tiny bone!!
And those screws look kind of scary.... glad it's out of you!
Glad it was a better experience this time:)
Post a Comment