I was also upset that the blow dryer for her hair and a plastic shower cap that I left there last week were missing. There are so many people in the center and there seems to be little organization. Any guest, patient or worker could walk in while she is asleep (or awake for that matter) and take things. I thought of reporting it but different people are there every time you walk in and out of a room. I remembered how we had to sign in so carefully the twins were born and how TOTALLY opposite I feel about the organization of this place.
I was cheered a bit when my brother, Todd, called to say that he had been able to fix her one hearing aid (the other has been lost since she has been in the rehab center) and that she
had seemed a bit more aware and able to communicate when he was there. (She told me that he regularly was coming but hadn't been there in a few days. Actually he has been there the last 9 days straight. He, Judy, Lanny and Shirley stayed in her room through the whole First Presidency Christmas Broadcast just two days ago.)
Charlotte is going to contact the hearing aid company today to see about getting working hearing aids. Hopefully that will give her some contact with the outside world. As it is she really can do nothing and she feels so lonely and hopeless there. Here are some pictures of pictures of Mom.
In the 1st one she was about 6 years old. The last one was in 1990. This is the unbelieveable Mom that I remember. What a wonderful example she has been for all of us.
I feel certain that the Lord is looking tenderly upon her as she finishes her life her on earth. I'm sure that she is still here for those of us who are caring for her to learn and appreciate.
2 comments:
So, so sad. I wish she didn't have to suffer.
I went to see her last week with Brighton and Gray she talked to us for a minute and told the therapist who I was, but she seemed pretty unhappy and pretty out of it. Broke my heart:(
Post a Comment