This is the beautiful fresh tree that Adam and Amy bought and decorated.
It is also special for me to have a Christmas tree this season. It is the first time since we have been in this house that one has been put up. I've missed thinking of what to give people, making things, wrapping them and putting things under the tree. I decided that instead of just writing a check for a wonderful cause I would do that and give presents, too, this year. I've been making things and shopping since October and it has made Christmas so much more fun for me. They are now all wrapped and under the tree (except for the ones that went in the mail today.)
We were saving the assembly and decoration of the Christmas tree until Adam and Amy arrived. She really, really wanted a fresh tree that she could smell. We called all over Sanpete County and NO ONE was selling Christmas trees. Many people go and cut them but we do not have 4-wheel drive and we'd need to take both the car and the truck for all of us to go anyway so we decided to go to a lot..... until we couldn't find one. I finally decided to call Spanish Fork City, which is about 40 minutes from here and left a message there asking if there was anyone there selling trees. I got a call back later that afternoon and about 4:00 we loaded into the car and truck and drove down to get a tree.
It cost quite a bit of money and they had to buy a stand, too, because we long ago threw ours away. I was touched later that evening when Adam said something like, "I know that was a lot of money but I don't always get Christmas with my family and I want it to be a good memory."
Amy was thrilled with it. They spent lots of time taking the lights off of our artificial tree and decorating their tree. I suggested that they had plenty of room in the bedroom they are staying in to put up the artificial tree, too. I was joking but they did it! It looks good, too.
1 comment:
The trees look great!
Post a Comment