Thanksgiving week I went to see Connie's friend Allie to get my hormones balanced. I was there on Black Friday and she had specials going so the office was a beehive. I hadn't realized that it was also a place to get Botox and high quality makeup and things to make you look good. Once I really looked at the title "Center for Anti-Aging" it was understandable. I was there medically, however. I loved Allie but have to admit that I told Mike to go and wait in the car and and I felt a bit out of place.
About a month ago I noticed a growth on my eyelid about where the glasses sit. I had an appointment with my eye doctor the next week and when I showed it to him he thought I should go to Provo to a specialist and get it taken care of. We went today. The doctor was in a large eye center but his office was upstairs away from the other eye specialists.
When I got in there I was a bit surprised to see makeup for sale and a very feminine Valentines display on one of the tables. Next I looked at a flyer on a table next to me stating that if diet and exercise don't work you might like to consider liposuction. I was in the Excel Eye Center but his office was the Cosmetic Surgery Center. He does do eyelid surgery but also facelifts, brow lifts and upper facelifts, laser skin resurfacing, lip and facial augmentation, nose surgery to help improve the size shape and contour of the nose and liposuction.
It ended up that he froze the growth along with another on my cheekbone. He'll check it in a few weeks. He's hoping that he won't have to do surgery because that is a spot which would require skin graft and and a deep incision.
I liked him and felt that he really knew what he was doing but it is interesting how out of place I feel in those places. I'm afraid that I'm one to just deal with what I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment