Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Flood in Thailand


I don't know how to transfer a movie clip from Facebook so I'll just use this picture and let those who are interested look on my Facebook page.  I just want to mention a new twist that these efforts make.
Nancy Jenkins, a friend from Atlanta is a Facebook friend.  When I posted this clip which tells about flooding in Thailand and how the members of the church were out helping others and telling them that
they were from The Church of Jesus Christ and explaining that they believed that they were doing what Jesus Christ would have done in similar circumstances Nancy was the first person to hit "like" on the clip.

We were never really able to get very far in introducing the church and our belief in Christ with our neighbors there.  It is great that we've been able to do so through our relationship with Church members in other countries.  It is so wonderful to see how the Lord works. There is no question whether the LDS Church believes and tries to model their lives around Christ as you listen to my student, Wisan. 

Post note:  Last night I was talking to my other student from Thailand and asked if her place was flooded like Wisan's was.  She laughed and said that was a year ago.  So much for timely posts but it was still a neat exposure of the church to Nancy. 

No comments: