We had an unbelievable tip to Guizhou Province in southwest China last week. Because the entire province is mountainous we spent much of the week either switching back and forth on winding mountain roads in our bus or walking up and down stairs to and in the places that we visited. There is no way that I probably could have accomplished a fraction of the trip had I not fallen a few weeks ago and hurt the knee that has been painful and has slowed me down for about 40 years. I had a massage therapist here in Qingdao work on it three times. Although she nearly tortured me in the process sticking her elbow into the bruise and other painful things she performed a miracle and I can now sit in a bus without having to have my leg straight out, climb up and down stairs without having to take them one at a time and walk at a quicker pace. She told me that she couldn't completely cure it because it had been injured too long but I was able to climb literally thousands of steps this last week thanks to her.
Our guide, Howard, was wonderful. His mother had been an English teacher and he knew the language very well. He knew many facts and answered some very interesting questions. He had selected wonderful places for our lunches and we were served just as soon as we sat down. Traveling on a tour and with him as a guide certainly made the difference in providing a wonderful trip.
The trip will be posted on the dates it took place.
1 comment:
Got to love those massage therapists ; )
Post a Comment