Thursday, November 26, 2009

Beijing Trip


We spent Thanksgiving evening in the Qingdao airport. We left our apartment building at 4:30 PM and arrived at the airport just under an hour later. We have a little store in the bottom floor of our building and the store owner can be hired to drive you places. He speaks NO English. We saw parts of Qingdao that I am sure that many natives have not seen but he was quick.
When we went to check in we were told that our flight (that we were already 2 hours early for)would be late because of air traffic problems in Shanghai where it was originating from. We sat and sat and saw two other planes leave for Beijing. I had picked up a row package of Oreo's and a small package at the little store downstairs before we left. (Since we are in the International Building they stock a few American things.) After a while at the airport I walked over and bought a bottle of peach juice that we shared. I must say that it was the most unique Thanksgiving dinner that I've ever eaten. The beautiful spread table was missing and the crowd was small but the feast was outstanding. Okay, we truly missed family and a turkey dinner but we were VERY thankful when we finally arrived at our hotel at 1 AM,

No comments: