The next morning we got up and went to the Beijing 1st Branch and heard their Primary program. Each of the children gave a scripture or statement in both Chinese and English. There are many members of their Branch that are from Taiwan so they can meet with the Americans.
It was fun to see more children, young couples who are working in China, professional businessmen and families and some other China Teachers.
After Church we went to a little store at a women's aid type place. There is a couple in the branch who are Humanitarian (Volunteers) and she has been working with this group. They try to teach women skills to learn to support themselves. She "hijacked" our bus and saw to it
that we were the first customers for this little business. Thus-- my red plate. I had planned to buy a piece of lacquerware before we came home but since it was to help the needy I decided to do it then. I is carved into wood and then painted and lacquered.
No comments:
Post a Comment