Sunday, May 23, 2010

Korean Ward Conference

Today we went to Ward Conference with the Kangs. The building is, like the Temple, just squeezed in between other buildings. The chapel and recreation hall are on the top floor and Stake offices, Primary, YM/YW, etc. are on the stage and downstairs. Everyone was SO kind to us. They bowed when they met us and made us feel needed and welcome. After Church they had a huge lunch and had us eat first since we were leaving for the airport.

They had a special musical number sung by a very famous Korean tenor. He is 79 years old and sponsors music festivals and is one of the top names in music in Korea. His grandfather was the first member of the Church baptised in Korea. I had an interesting experience. He came with no music and the Kangs came to me and asked if I could transpose a hymn that he wanted to sing into another key. I tried to explain that it takes me hours to do so with all of the parts etc. and then someone said, "Can't you do it on the computer?" I remembered that I have changed the key on many primary songs on LDS.org so I had them bring it up and I was able to find it quickly. It was interesting to hear him belt out a hymn in full volume and fun that I was able to help.

The little girl in yellow just kept coming up to me and hugging me. I couldn't resist bringing her home in picture.




1 comment:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

What neat memories you are making:)