We left here on Thursday the 12th hoping that Laurel and Russell would be able to sign the papers on their home the next day and would be able to start working on re-doing it that weekend. Apparently the three people who had to sign off on the sale after they signed had 72 hours to do so and the weekend didn't count SO------ Although we enjoyed a trip to California together and got to visit their new Ward on Sunday it wasn't really until Wednesday afternoon that they were able to get in and start doing things.
Mike worked his heart out for them until Saturday evening. Apparently he spent a good share of that time on his knees pulling staples and carpet tack board. As is always in repair and remodeling things take longer that you hope or think that they will. Laurel finally got a good steamer to remove wallpaper on Saturday afternoon and that will speed things up there. Russell has been removing carpets and flooring. They are far from where they hoped to be but can really see their progress. We were happy to learn that the home is well built and the structure seems to be in good condition. They will turn it into a lovely place. The view and area are fantastic and "just what the doctor ordered" for those two.
My job was to tend kids so that Laurel could "dig-in" a bit. I know that the last time I changed that many poopy diapers was when she and Connie were both in diapers. The biggest difference was that I carried all of these diapers out to the trash can in the yard. Good old cloth diapers had to be flushed and laundered when they were babies.
They are darling children and I will miss them. Eli would make my day several times each day by saying, "Grandma, I love you." Kate gives prayers that are more detailed than my 11-year-olds in Primary and that baby is about as happy as any child I have ever been around.
We were gone eleven days. We are sorry that we were not able to help more but hope that we gave them a good start on things.
1 comment:
Thanks again SOOOO MUCH!! We are so thankful for all of your help!!
Post a Comment