
The week before we left for Reno we took our car in for an inspection and service. It was over $300 and we felt like every nut and bolt should be ready for the long trip. On Wednesday afternoon Mike drove down to the new house in our car and Laurel and Russell in the truck. Mike noticed that the engine was overheating and they took it into the Hyundai dealer who was about 30 minutes away.
The next morning I got a call from the Service Manager saying that he needed our permission to run a $116 check to see what the problem might be. I told him that I refused to pay it, that we had just paid over $300 to have it totally gone over and that I was upset with the Orem Hyundai dealer. He seemed to become aware of a problem and asked if he could call me back after a while.
Mike stopped by there and I did a call to Orem as well as to him again but about 4:00 I got a call that the car was ready. We got there just before he closed at 5:30 to pick it up. He was a perfect person for the job and so very personable. I mentioned that I was grateful that it had happened in Reno where we could get it to a Hyundai dealership and he explained why it was a wonderful blessing that it happened where and when it did. Apparently after they cleaned out the AC a little brace that fastens a hose in place was put on upside down and that allowed it to slip and eventually the hose worked it's way off the connection. He said, "It would have been very ugly. You would have had to been towed either here or Salt Lake City (either way is hundreds of miles) and your engine would have had to be replaced.)
We feel like Heavenly Father truly blessed us in this situation. There are not even gas stations or tow trucks for stretches of a few hours along that desert drive. The entire bill will be paid by Orem Hyundai. It could truly have been "ugly" but we only lost a day without a car and the time to drop it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment