The water was many feet higher than normal. The ranger said that it hadn't been that high all summer and there was no logical reason for so much water to be released from the dams. His theory was that they were letting water out of dams in preparation for 9-11 in case of terrorist attacks on dams.
The first spot he pointed out was a falls that had been named after an Indian Woman named Chipeta. She had been adopted by the Ute chief but when his wife died he married her. She was very smart, learned many languages and would travel to Washington with him and rather than dress in tribal apparel she would dress in fancy styles of the day. She was a very powerful influence for the Indian people.
This rock was fittingly called the Needle.
I wish that I knew how to put the words below the pictures without doing a new post each time but I don't seem to be able to.
1 comment:
Wow, so beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard of this place!
Post a Comment