Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nashville

We had some free time before we were to catch our plane so they took us to the Opry Mills Mall and a Bass Pro Shop to walk around.  It was a very large and new mall.  On the plane home I was seated by two very nice high school boys who told me the story of that mall.  In 2010 the Cumberland River which runs past the mall and the Opry Land Hotel flooded after two days of torrential rain.  There were flood waters as high as 10 feet inside the mall and even more in the hotel.  Everything was rebuilt but it must have been a real trial for workers getting people and things to other locations.





We had a great time with Adam, Amy and Wesson.  I had talked about and planned to get a good picture of them but I didn't get it done.  Thankfully I got a very cute one just a few weeks earlier in Richfield. 

Our flight to Denver was on time but the one leaving for SLC was late.  It was 2 AM when we pulled into our driveway.  We were tired but very glad that we got to spend time with Adam's family before we leave. 

No comments: