Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Our Trip to Tennessee

I spent hours working on a blog and something didn't work and I lost the whole thing.  I am hoping for better luck this time.

We arrived in Nashville at 1:30 in the afternoon and Adam, Amy and Wesson were packed and ready for our adventure.  We drove over to Pigeon Forge where they had rented a fun cabin.  It had a pool table and hot tub which kept Wesson very happy.                                                                                   

We ate a Crackle Barrel that night before going to the cabin.  

It rained off and on most of the time that we were there but we were still able to see and do lots of things.  When we entered the Great Smoky Mountain National Park it was clear but the higher we got the more moisture we got.  

I snapped a picture or two before we got into the rain.




We drove up to the highest peak in Tenn. to Clingmans Dome.  Mike and I didn't have coats so we didn't take the hike to the overlook but Adam, Amy and Wesson braved it.  They were sad that they didn't see much because of the rain but did get to see the overlook.  You can see from this photo from the web not only what their hike was but why they call this park the Great Smoky Mountains.




After we left the park we did a little shopping and got Mike a nice pair of Carhartt pants and then went to Mellow Mushroom for excellent pizza.


No comments: