Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Walk on the Beach

We walked about three blocks to reach the gates of campus and then caught a bus and rode two stops. We walked about five blocks and we reached the Olympic Sailing Area that you saw across the water in the picture two weeks ago. This picture is of the sculpture at the entrance of that area. The theme was One World One Dream.

This is the tower that is used similar to those at an airport and the building attached is part of the whole venue.

View of sailboats out enjoying a windy day.

An interesting spot because of the smooth rock right next to the broken rock and you will find people at almost any place.

The view when I turned away from the beach.

An interesting tunnel for walkers along the 40 mile beach path (it was soon after we left the tunnel that Jane and I met the guys from Denmark).

A colored glass piece of art work and the Goddess of the Sea. She is actually on a little island that is a private sailing club.

My walking partner in his Qingdao University tee shirt.

Even more artwork (we wonder if the guy on the mast is Magellan?)

A beautiful rock wall and flowers along a busy 4 lane street. Those are high class apartments looking down toward the beach.

We walked for four hours, which may have been a challenge regularly. I fell to the bed when we got home. I'm feeling good today and the knee is repairing. I've got to get ready for church. I'm primary teacher for three Korean children, primary chorister, and Sacrament Meeting Music Leader. Mike is Ward Clerk.
Love to all,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your walking partner is cute!

It really is fun to see photos of everything there - it looks facinating and beautiful!