Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chinese Government Dinner



Tonight we were invited by the Government of Quingdao to a party celebrating 60 years of PRC. I didn't bet many pictures but will share what I got. The hotel is only a year old and is the fanciest thing I have ever been in. There were people about every 5 feet welcoming us, giving directions, etc. At the end of the meal I went to the ladies room. As I stepped out of the great hall I asked where it was an a girl took me right to the room. Each stall was a separate wood paneled room with an wonderful western toilet. A woman met you as you came out and pushed the soap for your hands, turned the water on to wash them and then picked out a terry towel with tongs to let you dry your hands.


The food was served on a big turntable and there were about 7 appetizers, fish, beef, vegetables, soup, and more. A few things were strange but overall it was excellent. The desserts were chocolate cheesecake, moon cake, an creme broule. I tried to get some pictures of the banquet hall, table, and the hotel although they don't do it justice. There were girls in red dresses, girls in white dresses, serving uniforms, hotel staff and everyone was wanting to please you. We sat mostly with people from our college. That was okay but didn't allow us to really meet anyone else.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

VERY Fancy!!! ...wait, I squirt soap on Kate's hands, turn on the sink, and hand her her towel... what kind of spoiled girl is she???