The next day we had lunch in a Russian restaurant and I took photos of the pictures on the walls. We intended to have something light but had mountains of food. I had "smashed pork" which ended up being mashed potatoes and thin pork steaks, we shared a wonderful eggplant dish and Mike had a lamb dish. Then we got this huge plate of batter covered bananas and apples that were deep fried and then covered with a carmel. We left some and took some of it to others.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
The Russian Section of Sanya
As I said, this area is called the Russian section. We really enjoyed the mixed cultures. There was an area across from our hotel where we ate two nights. There were tables in the center then stands where the food was prepared. The first night I had shrimp and Mike had scallops and the second night he had mutton and I had a wonderful fish meal. For dessert we had these unbelievable Russian crepe like things. A dough was rolled and spun until it was thin and about 2 1/2 feet across then he put mango and banana in it and folded it many times and fried it. It was delightful.
The next day we had lunch in a Russian restaurant and I took photos of the pictures on the walls. We intended to have something light but had mountains of food. I had "smashed pork" which ended up being mashed potatoes and thin pork steaks, we shared a wonderful eggplant dish and Mike had a lamb dish. Then we got this huge plate of batter covered bananas and apples that were deep fried and then covered with a carmel. We left some and took some of it to others.
The next day we had lunch in a Russian restaurant and I took photos of the pictures on the walls. We intended to have something light but had mountains of food. I had "smashed pork" which ended up being mashed potatoes and thin pork steaks, we shared a wonderful eggplant dish and Mike had a lamb dish. Then we got this huge plate of batter covered bananas and apples that were deep fried and then covered with a carmel. We left some and took some of it to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment