While I was working in the office in Texas on my mission (1963) we got a phone call from a student at SMU who had been to Hawaii with family and had picked up pamphlets at the visitors center. They were in his suitcase when he packed for school and he got interested in them. He had called the mission to see if he could find out more about the church. My companion and I taught him the lessons. At first his mother told him no but when he turned 18 he was baptized and was a fireball. He worked with the Elders even before he was baptized. I have always valued visitor centers and the missionary tool that they can be. I have an especially tender feeling for the this visitors center.
Our first stop was Diamond Head and Black Point Lookout
Next we stopped at the Halona Blow Hole
Then to Makapuu Lookout and Light House
Pali Lookout was very pretty.
Although the Dole Plantation was a very commercial operation I really enjoyed it. We ate a pineapple sherbet cone while we wandered the grounds and saw how pineapple is planted and grown. They claim that every pineapple is hand picked.
The Laie Temple was dedicated by President Grant on November 7, 1919, Thanksgiving Day.
Our taxi picked us up at 5:15 the next morning and took us to the airport where we flew home and concluded a wonderful trip!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Very jealous.
Looks like such an amazing trip. It was fun to look at all of the beautiful things you saw and did. That trip is going on the bucket list!!
Post a Comment