I was able to snap this picture of the sheep just to the side of the house and I'm sure that no one could disagree that the setting was marvelous.
When we got back from dinner with Shirley's family we were able to digest a bit more of the environment. Although it smelled a bit of dogs and old books it was like a museum with lovely old European pieces of furniture, more books than a small library would have and treasures from all around the world. Her husband had been a professor of medicine at the University of Vermont and they had 11 children. I could have done with fresher air and a private bathroom and our room got very hot and we couldn't open the windows but even with that I'd return and spend even more time there. She was so interesting. The breakfast was served in a lovely dining room and was good and you couldn't ask for a more beautiful and peaceful setting. Mike and I got up early on Sunday morning and took a walk back to a pond on the property just as the sun was peaking in. It had rained the night before and the reflection was lovely.
After breakfast we went in to Burlington to Sacrament Meeting and Lanny was able to join in the blessing of the new baby. We spent most of the rest of the day driving around the Vermont countryside.
In Richmond, VT we saw the most interesting round church. All of the benches inside were in boxed off areas and they informed us that helped to keep people warmer since often there was little heat and it blocked breezes on their feet.
Our drive took us through Stowe, Vt and the ski area. We took a country road that took us clear up by the lifts and on through the countryside and back very near our B&B.
2 comments:
Would have been interesting to meet her husband too I'm sure. Neat that she shares her home.
How kind of you to support Ben & Jerry! I wish I could have helped!
Post a Comment