Friday, October 11, 2013

Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island & Cabot Trail

After breakfast we headed from New Brunswick to Nova Scotia.  We passed a causeway over to Cape Breton Island and headed to the town of Baddeck where we spent two nights.  Our B&B sat right across the street from Bras d'Or Lake.  We were excited because there was suppose to be Celtic music fest at the town hall that night but apparently it had ended the night before.  We had a fairly poor Chinese dinner and a quiet night.  (This was a bit strange to us because as we came into town the whole place was buzzing with people.)

We got up the next morning and took the drive around Cabot Trail, a 185 mile loop which drives through Cape Breton Highlands Nat'l Park. Here are just some of the photos I shot. 
Our white mini-van pulled onto a small ferry to cross a short lake or river near the beginning of the trail.















For our whole long trip I had been craving a crab dinner.  We had seafood breakfast, lots of chowder and several fish dishes but I wanted crab caught that day and cooked for me.  I got it in Cheticamp. The whole time I was eating I kept making satisfied Mmmm noises.  Sadly, I broke out with very red eye sockets and a red face an hour or two later.  I guess that I'll just have to treasure that memory as I think of it in the future.



1 comment:

Laurel said...

How pretty. Bummer about the crab reaction!